We are a locally owned and operated company seeking a motivated and mature candidate to join our team. The position will start out part time during the training phase, with the anticipation to become full time for the right person. During the 30/60/90-day probationary period, there will be evaluations and the expectation that at the successful completion of the probationary period, a raise review will be performed. This position has excellent growth potential.
This is a work from home position with occasional face to face team meetings in the Austin area. Hours are flexible, but it must be clearly communicated exactly when you will be working. Candidates are judged on the quality and timeliness of their work, successful interaction with clients and the ability to work well with others.
We cherish our company culture and the flexibility that working remotely provides. The right candidate would be someone who appreciates collaboration, has excellent communication skills and is looking to be part of a team.
Content Department Rep
The content manager oversees the content to be published on websites, landing pages, and blogs for our company as well as for our clients. They will be responsible for creating custom SEO content, editing their own and other’s content, and cleaning up outdated content, and coming up with strategies to continually improve the performance of our content and website. The content department rep. also leads a team of other writers and ensures that they have their assignments in a timely manner, oversees their work, and schedules/manages projects. The ability to create an editorial calendar, content marketing strategy, and constant collaboration with other digital marketing areas in the company is also required. The content manager is expected to speak to and strategize with clients directly, in order to make sure their needs are met but with an emphasis on making sure the content furnished to the client provides them maximum benefit.
Communication skills are a must, as is providing excellent customer service.
Timeliness and being able to self manage is incredibly important, as this is a remote work opportunity.
- Overseeing all content creation activities for the company.
- Creation of a content marketing calendar to ensure regular content on the website and listings throughout the year.
- Writing entertaining and informative search engine optimized copy.
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitor websites and listings.
- Edit articles and posts for accuracy, clarity, consistency, style, format and grammar
- Adapt tone for a variety of audience segments; create relevant and timely content for internal and external publications
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple requests and priorities
- Manage project timelines
- Coordinate and collaborate across departments
- Effectively communicate within the company and with clients
Background of the ideal Content Department Rep:
- Degree not required, but a writing background is preferred.
- Self starter who is highly motivated
- Highly articulate with an excellent command of written English.
- Creatively minded, with an ability to conceive interesting and engaging ideas for new content.
- Basic knowledge of SEO and Search marketing would be helpful.
- Previous experience working as a content manager or copywriter would be an advantage.
If you are interested in joining our team please fill out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!