We are a locally owned and operated company seeking a motivated and mature candidate to join our team. The position will start out part time during the training phase, with the anticipation to become full time for the right person. The candidates’ technical knowledge will be evaluated in the interview process. During the 90-day probationary period, there will be evaluations given monthly and the expectation that at the successful completion of the probationary period, a raise review will be performed. This position has excellent growth potential.
This is a work from home position with occasional face to face team meetings in Austin. Hours are flexible, but it must be clearly communicated exactly when you will be working. Candidates are judged on the quality and timeliness of their work, successful interaction with clients and the ability to work well with others.
We cherish our company culture and the flexibility that working remotely provides. The right candidate would be someone who appreciates collaboration, has excellent communication skills and is looking to be part of a team.
Client Services Rep
- Provide superior customer service while answering incoming emails from clients and supervisor with requests for updates to client’s websites.
- Take occasional incoming calls from clients on a personal cell phone (Google Voice number will be provided so no need to give out your personal number) for email and website technical support
- Complete website updates in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicate with supervisor about work availability on a regular basis.
- Keep accurate records of work hours spent on individual tasks using Toggl. Time cards formatted in Excel are due bi-weekly.
- Manage time and workload effectively. You’ll be working on multiple projects at a time and will need to be able to communicate with your supervisor about priorities when there is more on your plate than you have time for.
- Available at least 20 hours a week to start, with the anticipation to become full time.
- Available to work a majority of your hours between 9am-5pm CST, Monday-Friday. Hours are flexible but communication about when you will be specifically working is a must.
- Reliable computer and broadband internet connection
- Ability to work independently
- Quiet space available to receiving incoming and make outgoing phone calls.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of WordPress.org platform and plugins (programming knowledge not required). You will be editing the content on WordPress websites in the WYSIWYG editor or plugin settings.
- Basic understanding of editing HTML websites in Dreamweaver.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop.
- Basic understanding of information design: Ability to arrange information (such as text, graphics, videos, etc) on a webpage in a way that fosters efficient and effective understanding of it, not just making the page attractive or artistic. Make the information “flow” in a readable and engaging way.
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills, both with clients and our team internally, in a remote work environment. Externally we use email and phone. Internally we use phone, email and chat. Sometimes Skype for internal meetings.
- Strong knowledge of website industry best practices
- Information Design, Communication Design, Graphic/Website Design degree or training
- 5+ years of working with WordPress
- Basic HTML/CSS coding knowledge. You don’t have to program from scratch but you’re not afraid to look some code in the eye!
- Familiar with WooCommerce plugins
- Experience working in Joomla, Drupal and/or Magento CMS
- Basic knowledge of POP3 and IMAP email settings. We will provide you training on email technical support tasks for our clients.
If you are interested in joining our team please fill out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!